Food safety and food fraud can overlap as they did in the 2015 allergens in spices global incident.
Do you work within the food industry or are a part of the UK official food control system and involved in food allergen testing? Then you may be interested in this free webinar on analysis for substances causing food hypersensitivity.
Hazel Gowland will explain why food allergens are important, why and how allergen avoidance may fail and how those at risk can be protected. Michael Walker will then provide an overview of analysis and bioanalysis for substances causing food hypersensitivity, covering:
• An introduction to food hypersensitivity
• What allergens are, including food intolerance compounds
• Legislative background to labelling
• The main analytical techniques used
• The importance of validation and performance characteristics
• Confirmatory analysis – when and how to use complementary techniques
• Reporting results of analysis.
The presentations will be followed by a Q&A session, during which you can pose your questions to our experts.
This is the fourth webinar in the Webinar Series of the Joint Knowledge Transfer Framework for Food Standards and Food Safety Analysis, which is a cross-government project (funded by Defra, Food Standards Agency, Food Standards Scotland and BEIS via the Government Chemist programme) aimed at disseminating knowledge from government funded research to stakeholders to support UK laboratory capability and promote best practice in food safety and standards analysis.
Register here for the webinar.